Provenza Floors Residential Warranty Description
Provenza® Flooring products are manufactured from the finest raw materials. European technology and state-of-the-art equipment is utilized by our engineers and craftsmen for achieving precision edge and best fit. Manufacturer warrants that each product will be free from manufacturing defect resulting from improper milling, laminating or assembly.
If a Provenza plank should ever lose its lamination, warp, cup or buckle when properly installed under normal residential sub-floor and humidity (35% to 55%) conditions, Manufacturer will supply proper number of replacement planks at no cost to the purchaser.
Manufacturer warrants that under normal residential conditions and proper maintenance, the polyurethane finish will not wear-through within twenty five years with the exception of Antico which is ten years and provided recommended steps are followed.
This warranty shall not extend to any indentations, scratches, or surface damages arising from furniture, spiked or stiletto heels and water saturation. Gloss reduction is not considered wear-through and is not covered under this warranty.
Regarding All Warranty Coverage
This warranty is not transferable and extends only to the original customer/purchaser. Installation must be according to recommended procedure found in Provenza Installation Instructions.
Maintenance must be according to recommended instructions.
Manufacturer Inspection Rights
Manufacturer shall be allowed a reasonable time to inspect products claimed to be defective. If and when the claim is determined to be of a manufacturing defect, manufacturer will repair or replace the defective material at a reasonable labor cost.
The use of any artificial or mechanical steam making machines and/or steam cleaners on Provenza Hardwood Floors may cause damage to the floor and will void all manufacturers' warranties.
This warranty DOES NOT cover the following:
- Damages arising from the use of artificial or mechanical steam making machines and/or steam cleaners on Provenza Hardwood Flooring.
- Provenza is distressed by hand, so the distressing will be unique to every board. Variance in distressing level is not considered a defect.
- Wood has natural characteristics including but not limited to mineral streaks, knots, and grain variations. Such natural characteristics are not considered defects and are not covered under this warranty.
- Damages arising from accidents, abuse, abnormal wear, or damages arising from furniture, spiked or stiletto heels, indentations, scratches, water saturation, exposure to extreme heat, dryness, chemical or industrial products.
- Negligence in maintaining a normal indoor humidity level of 35% and 55% throughout the year, to minimize the natural expansion and contraction of the wood flooring.
- Color changes due to direct and indirect sunlight or other ultraviolet light exposure.
- Damages due to excessive ground and concrete moisture (high water table content in concrete) caused by natural weather conditions including but not limited to excessive rainfall, hurricanes, tornadoes, flooding or other natural disasters.
- Damages due to earthquake or other shifting of the ground.
- Incidental or consequential costs associated with any repair or replacement of damaged Provenza flooring product.
- Insect infestation after the product has left the Manufacturer.
- Scratches or stain caused by domestic pets or other animals.
- Damages due to leaky faucet, broken pipe and wet mopping.
- Any Provenza material purchased through Internet and/or an unauthorized dealer will be excluded from all manufacturers’ warranty.
General Terms and Conditions
- This warranty is limited to the original purchaser.
- The liability of manufacturer under this warranty shall be limited to the cost of material and reasonable labor only.
- No other warranties expressed or implied, are made including merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.
- Under no circumstances shall Provenza be liable for any loss or damage associated with special, indirect, incidental or consequential damages.
- No installer, retailer, agent or employee of Provenza has the authority to increase or alter the obligations or limitations of this warranty.
- In the event of litigation, all controversies shall be submitted to American Arbitration Association. Venue shall be the County of Orange, State of California.
Floor Care and Maintenance
Provenza hardwood floors are durable and easy to maintain. The UV acrylic polyurethane finish protects the wood and keeps your hardwood flooring look beautiful.
Oil Finish Products
Provenza Flooring warrants its Oil Finished floors for a period of 25 years and limited to the original purchaser. Oil Finished floors require periodical maintenance. See regular maintenance below.
- Dust mop on a frequent basis and use only specifically formulated floor care products. Avoid using any harsh chemical on your floor, included but not limited to ammonia based solution, bleach, STP or Acetone.
- Provenza Natural Floor Care Solutions products
were developed specifically for oil finished wood floors and are available through distributors to maintain, protect and refinish Provenza oil finished wood floors.
- Utilize floor protectors, wide bearing and non staining glides or casters on all moveable furniture, tables or other objects that sit directly on hardwood flooring.
- Use walk-off or high quality mats to protect the floor from abrasive material. Avoid using latex or rubber backed rugs.
- When, due to excessive wear or use, the floor requires refinishing, it is suggested to use a qualified, licensed professional refinisher.
- Do not use masking tape or any other high tack tapes on floors for an extended period of time. Tapes must be removed from the floor on daily basis to avoid damaging the finish.
- Place high-quality floor mats and area rugs near outside entrances to prevent dirt, sand and other unwanted substances from being tracked directly onto flooring. Also, if you have wood flooring in your kitchen, a throw rug with a soft or felt backing should be placed in front of the sink area to catch spills and splashes.
- Affix felt floor protectors on moveable furniture, including chairs, tables, sofas and etc., that sit directly on hardwood flooring.
- Rearrange rugs and furniture periodically so the floor ages evenly. UV sunlight will change the color of different wood species to varying degrees.
- Dust mop regularly to prevent sand or abrasive dust build up that can scratch the floors finish.
- Do not use ammonia or oil-based wax, polish, household dust treatment chemicals, abrasive cleaners, or furniture cleaners.
- Do not wet mop the hardwood floor because excess moisture can cause damage to your wood floor.
- Keep pet nails trimmed and filed in order to minimize indentation. All wood floors will indent.
- Relative humidity should be maintained between 35% and 55% to minimize expansion and contraction of hardwood flooring.
- Avoid walking on floors with sharp, “stiletto” style high-heel shoes.
- Contact your retailer for issues and claims.
- Keep your sales receipts and make sure that the date of purchase is clearly stated on them.
- Keep a record of the type and code number of your wood flooring. This information can be found on the outside of individual packages.